Holger's Thoughts on Delphi

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Getting in touch with .NET

After yesterday's confusion, I am going to blog about something safe, I cannot go wrong with - at least technically.


Andreano Lanusse blogged about Xavier's Delphi Book. An excellent choice, but I disagree with him on the fact that it is 'the' book to learn about .NET. In my opinion that book has been written by Mr. .NET himself, Mr. Jeffrey Richter. For me that was the start into .NET development and also to get a feel for C#. If you're looking for a book what Object-oriented programming is, this is not the way to go, of course. It also does not focus on Delphi, but it features all the important namespaces of .NET, i.e. it explains collections, file-access and also goes into detail about reflection. Critics also call the chapter about the .NET Garbage Collection in this book the best ever written. I have to say that I agree with them. There's no way to explain it any easier.


Tomorrow I'll tell you about my fav Delphi book

2 Comments:

  • yup,

    I gotta say I agree 100%

    Cheers Tim.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 AM  

  • Fully agreed. Is was also my first .NET book, and the best since then.
    I also liked the Don Box book on .NET

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home